Alberta Health Services recognizes and appreciates that grocery stores play a critical role in Alberta’s response to COVID-19. They provide the necessities of life to the community and protect the publics health and safety. Extraordinary attention to enhanced environmental cleaning, food protection and social distancing is required to prevent the spread of the disease.
We have taken additional measures to help protect you and our team members as recommended by Alberta Health Services:
- Additional cleaning of frequently touched surfaces by staff and customers throughout the store (at least every 4 hours) including conveyor belts, pin pads, checkouts, door handles, and more
- Allow for additional breaks for staff to wash their hands
- Operate odd numbered tills when possible to assist in social distancing
- Installed various shields around cashiers to protect customers and staff
- Reduced store hours to reduce exposure for our team members, to allow them additional rest time, and to restock and clean our store
- Provided disinfectant wipes at entrance for carts and baskets, as well as plastic gloves for customers if they wish to use while shopping
- Placed decals and markers on the floor to remind and assist everyone with social distancing
- Opened as many doors in our building to reduce need for touching door knobs
- Closed down coffee and hot soup offering
- Consider reducing number of customers in store when necessary to assist with social distancing
- Restrict access to public washroom
Thank you for your cooperation in fighting this together.